About Blog

Biology makes you tick. It makes the tick inside you tick. Our blood eats bacteria. Viruses drink our blood. Secretions help us poop. Hormones make girls crazy. Mice kick the bucket on a daily basis. Cells talk among themselves. Your liver quits drinking after a while. Your brain is an electric circuit board. You were a monkey. I was your Dad. The egg is everything.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cell Culture Facts -- (A Cell's Perspective)

a)  Feed me, Feed me!
b) Let me show you how the wonders of biology work. *grins*
c) Check on me or i have all sorts of ways of imploding. Try me!
d) Am not responsible for the actions of your chucky friends!
e) You want the weekends off? Seriously? Work at a bank.
f) I need proteins, growth factors, antibiotics and i need it every other
   day. Insistent?, point (a) \m/.
g) I wish i dont breathe the air you breathe, you know for your sake.
h) You’re my bitch, contrary to what you may think.
i)  Freeze me down, Thaw me up.. I dont mind the cold but just so you know i
    got my own watch and i work on my own time.
j) Great work today! tomorrow's a new day, for a reason.
k) Patience is a virtue, you'll learn. 

:D

Cell culture is often quite the subject of a lighthearted, a little paranoia inflicted obsessively bothered about it banter for labs that do work with it. I've been working with cells for a while now and the things you can do with it (yes respecting it the whole time) or to it as a matter of fact can get very pretty interesting. The domino effect that's triggered by that one unhappy cell can lead to quite a mass full of floating, stunted, ready for the bio-hazard bin debris, something you would want to avoid. If you're not good at planning a vacation say 4-5 months in advance, well your cells will make sure you do so next time. Think you can chip in some extra sleep over weekends, wake up with the morning sun way bygone, think again! You'll only wake up to realize that you're in the graduate student lounge with your timer beeping into oblivion. So work good, work on time and let the cells do their jazz.











No comments:

Post a Comment